Using a touchscreen laptop is a convenient way to navigate your laptop. But sometimes you want the touchscreen disabled, like when you type for a long time or use an external mouse. If you own a Dell laptop and want to know how to turn off the touchscreen, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find out how to do it with this blog post.
1. Using Device Manager:
The Device Manager is a powerful tool that allows you to control hardware settings on your laptop. To disable the touchscreen using the Device Manager, follow these steps:
- Press the “Windows + X” keys simultaneously and select “Device Manager” from the menu that appears.
- Expand the “Human Interface Devices” category by clicking on the arrow next to it.
- Look for the “HID-compliant touch screen” entry. Right-click on it and select “Disable device.”
- Confirm the action when prompted. The touchscreen functionality will be turned off immediately.
2. Via Windows Settings:
Another method to disable the touchscreen is through the Windows Settings. Here’s how you can do it:
- Press the “Windows + I” keys to open the Windows Settings.
- Click on “Devices” and then select “Touchpad” from the left menu.
- Under the “Related settings” section, click on “Additional settings” to open the “Mouse Properties” window.
- In the “Mouse Properties” window, go to the “Hardware” tab.
- Select “HID-compliant touch screen” from the list and click on the “Properties” button.
- In the Properties window, click on the “Change settings” button.
- Navigate to the “Driver” tab and click on “Disable” to turn off the touchscreen.
3. Using Dell Drivers and Utilities:
Some Dell laptops come with pre-installed drivers and utilities that allow you to manage specific hardware settings. Check your laptop’s documentation or visit the Dell support website to see if there’s a Dell-specific utility for managing the touchscreen. If available, use the utility to disable the touchscreen.
4. Update BIOS Settings:
In certain Dell laptop models, you can disable the touchscreen functionality through the BIOS/UEFI settings. Access the BIOS/UEFI by restarting your laptop and pressing the appropriate key (often F2, F12, or Del) during startup. Locate the “Advanced” or “Integrated Devices” section and look for an option to disable the touchscreen.
5. Re-enabling the Touchscreen:
If you ever want to enable the touchscreen again, follow the same steps mentioned above, but choose “Enable device” instead of “Disable device.”
Read more:how to fix frozen laptop
On your Dell laptop, you can disable the touchscreen pretty easily, and then you can re-enable it whenever you want. This feature is particularly useful for mass communication students who may find a non-touch interface more comfortable during typing sessions or specific tasks. Whether you are researching, writing, or editing multimedia content, having the option to disable the touchscreen provides flexibility. Ensure your laptop caters to the unique needs of mass communication tasks, and consider investing in the best laptop for mass communication students for an optimal computing experience. Whether you prefer a traditional laptop experience during typing sessions or have specific needs that call for turning off the touchscreen, these methods make sure you have full control.
- How can I disable the touchscreen on my Dell laptop? To disable the touchscreen on your Dell laptop, go to the “Device Manager” on your Windows system, locate the “Human Interface Devices” section, find the touchscreen device, right-click on it, and select “Disable.” This process ensures that you can easily turn off the touchscreen when needed.
- Is it possible to re-enable the touchscreen on my Dell laptop after disabling it? Yes, you can easily re-enable the touchscreen on your Dell laptop. Follow the same steps mentioned earlier by going to the “Device Manager,” finding the touchscreen device in the “Human Interface Devices” section, right-clicking on it, and selecting “Enable.” This allows you to switch between touchscreen and non-touchscreen modes as per your preference.
- Why would I want to turn off the touchscreen on my Dell laptop? Turning off the touchscreen on your Dell laptop can be beneficial for various reasons. For mass communication students or anyone engaging in extensive typing sessions, disabling the touchscreen provides a more traditional laptop experience. It prevents accidental touches or interference during tasks where precise cursor control is essential, enhancing overall usability for specific needs.